Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Little Stitches

My trip to the U.S. continues...hanging out in south Florida with Mom and Dad. Sometimes I feel a bit disoriented, being away from home so long and pretty much living out of a suitcase. I miss my own "space", my own real life. Some days feel surreal. I try to stay anchored; I start off the day by running a couple of miles, make sure to put in some quilting stitches every day so I feel like something was accomplished, stay in touch with the kids in Israel by Skype and Whatsapp. Somehow it's not the same as being there with them. Am supposed to go back at the end of May.

I finished quilting and binding the little Christmas Geese quilt that was pieced a few months ago. This was another Monthly Mini from Temecula Quilt Company. Even though there is nothing particularly creative about making these kits, it still provides me with the feeling that I'm making something, which in itself is rewarding. 
I actually ended up with two kits for this, so one will be to keep and one for a friend. It was a very cute pattern and fun to make. They sent me out a kit for another Monthly Mini--it's called Baby Baskets and is adorable--and I should receive it here in Florida this week. I'll be in Baltimore next week where my machine and quilting tools are, and hopefully I'll get a chance to piece it then. If I manage to get it done, I'll post some pics of course. 
Coming up: hoping to attend the meeting of a local quilt guild on Thursday morning. Can't wait! 


No comments: