Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pink Lemonade!

Yesterday I finished my Pink Lemonade quilt top. I don't know why I pushed off making this quilt for so long--it really wasn't hard at all. Maybe I didn't have the right yellow for setting squares, and just had to wait until I did. Lori used a red print for her corner triangles, but I used a pretty blue on mine. (double-click on the picture to get a better view) I was just in the mood for something bright. The atmosphere here has been pretty somber lately, with lots of terror attacks going on in Israel, especially here in Jerusalem. So it was nice to piece something cheerful.

The latest Monthly Mini kit from Temecula Quilt Company arrived yesterday. I think they sent the kits out a while back. (In fact, I just checked the envelope and it was mailed on September 29th.) So it takes some time for them to arrive here in Israel. But I am so, so happy when they get here! As soon as the mailman brought the envelope to my door, I ripped it open and pieced the whole little quilt. (it really is pretty tiny!) Will take a picture later on today and show you what they sent this month. They're calling it Autumn 1863. We really don't have autumn in this country, so it was nice to have a reminder of my very favorite season from when I lived in the States.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Your pink lemonade turned out so nice - sometimes we need to wait for a project to speak to us before it can be finished, right! How fun that you get the kits from Temecula Quikt Co. Can't wait to see it.

Quilting Corner said...

This yellow is not your usual color but you are correct. It is cheerful and that's what we need. Very, very nice.