Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Granny Squares Quilt

I started working on this quilt in 2012, when the tutorial for it first appeared on the Blue Elephant Stitches blog.

Got 7 blocks made, and then it got stuffed in a basket and forgotten. When I was going through some unruly piles of scraps the other day, guess what I found? It was only a matter of minutes, and the last two blocks were finished. Added sashing and 6 inch white borders, and voila.
A special thank you goes out to Christine, without whose gifted scraps this quilt could not have happened. Mostly because I do not buy orange fabric!

I also finished my quilt top for Lori's Country Roads quilt along.


If you haven't yet visited Lori's blog at Humble Quilts, you are in for a treat! Not only will you love her quilts and her quilt alongs, but she is a beautiful person who truly does good for others.

Wishing you all a good, safe day. And I hope things here in Israel will be quiet and without incident.

1 comment:

Quilting Corner said...

I like the quilts so much. It was great to visit with you today.