Sunday, April 26, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday

Not long ago, I signed up for the Monthly Mini program at Temecula Quilt Company. The kit for my first little quilt arrived a week later, which I thought was really fast, as it had to get here by mail and then pass through the Israeli Customs inspection.  So a week was great!

The first mini is called Brown Baskets, and that's exactly what it is. I've been having a good time making these little baskets, and especially the handles.  I like sewing  the handles with needle-turn applique; it's slow and relaxing. I have just one more handle to applique, and as we need to go to a government office today (lots of sitting and waiting) I think I'll just take it along. And maybe I'll take along something else to work on as well...you never know how long these things will take.
Have a great Sunday! Enjoy the Spring weather, if that's what's happening in your area, and sew something slow!

1 comment:

Quilting Corner said...

Susan, these are really cute little baskets. Easy to take along when you know you'll be awhile. I like the background that you have chosen.