Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Finished Quilt Top!

Definitely not as good as a FINISH, but a step in the right direction.  I started piecing the blocks for this a couple of years ago. Got two blocks done, made a mistake in cutting the third block, and dropped the whole project. But a couple of weeks ago, I came across it in a basket and decided to JUST DO IT! When I saw this fabric by April Cornell, I fell in love with it. It's called "Prayer Flag" and has a decidedly Far Eastern look to it. Some of the fabrics make me think of Amy Butler--they're a lot like the motifs she uses in her designs.
The pattern is "Past and Present" by Kim Brackett.  Photo's not so great, but it's too windy outside to try to take pictures out there now. Etty took some pictures of it at our meeting yesterday, and hopefully they'll be better. But for now, here it is:

When I have some better light, I'll try to take some pictures of the individual fabrics so you can see them close-up. Especially the border fabric, which is drop-dead gorgeous!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love the fabrics AND the pattern. :)

Sara Fiedler said...

Susan, you always do such beautiful work. Keep goin' girl!